1. 2023 Word for the year- Inclusive. Choose a book with an author that has an IDD (Intellectual and Developmental Disability) or topics or themes revolving around IDDs.
2. Viva Magenta! or Rainbow Colors! Pick a bold cover with vibrant hues.
3. Read something by the best selling novelist of all time (only behind the Bible and Shakespeare)- Agatha Christie.
4. A blind pick: have a friend or partner pull a book for you, or close your eyes and choose. Some thrift book shops even have blind paper bag buys. Those can be fun!
5. Seasonal: Read a book with a season in the title.
6. Diving Deeper: Read about a topic you listen to podcasts about, watch documentaries on, or are learning about.
7. LOL!- Find a book that makes you literally laugh out loud, or at least crack some smiles- if not these, then authored by a comedian.
8. Long-Ass Title: Find a book with at least seven words in the title.
9. Absolutely Amazing Alliteration in the title.
10. Book set in Africa.
11. Weekend Escape: A book you can finish in a couple days.
12. Mood Reader: Read whatever feels good or fits your mood.
13. Miniature Delights: Read a book that is 5 x 7 or smaller.
14. Book pairing: choose a book and a favorite chocolate, tea, or wine to enjoy right along with it.
15. Magpie: Choose a cover with stars, sparkles, glints, or shimmery attractive bits and bobs.
16. Book Shield: grab a book for when reading is your coping mechanism
17. 90s: set in, or written during
18. Enigmatic title: one that makes you do a double-take, in which you must find out more.
19. Eye-opening read
20. Speculative fiction: encompassing books that take place in our world but with an added magical/supernatural/futuristic twist
21. Author you can’t believe you haven’t read yet
22. Library setting or Bibliophilia
23. Booked on a feeling: books that cause big feelings
24. Fantasy subgenre: for reference: High, Low, Epic, Historical, Urban, Magical Realism, Grimdark…
25. Reflections: on cover or content
See the original post and catch up with me here. This page will be where I update the challenge with my chosen titles.