This event is co-hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. The idea is to determine the level of listener you want to be and then work to listen to a number of books needed over the course of the year. There are two check-ins – one mid-year and one at the end to see how you did. Participants will have the chance to win audiobooks.
Yay, more people are listening! Even better, “libraries remain major drivers for audiobook consumption.” Double yay, that’s where I get my audio books:)
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2018, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My 2018 audio books list so far:
1. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah ★★★☆☆
2. The Dry by Jane Harper ★★★☆☆
3. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn ★★☆☆☆
4. The Last Child by John Hart ★★★★☆
5. The Outsider by Stephen King ★★1/2☆☆☆
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova ★★★1/2☆☆
7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (read by Jim Dale) ★★★★☆
My recent audio book numbers are: 6 in 2017 and 11 in 2016.
Do you enjoy listening to audio books, or are you a strictly print-books only type?