Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl since January of 2018. Jana writes, “it was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” In that spirit, link up with your list at That Artsy Reader Girl and comment with your list, link, or thoughts below.
*Apologies for the delay on this post. That 3-day weekend here in the states must have thrown me out of whack. I believe the point of today’s topic is to give bookish hangovers a positive connotation, as in books that were so memorable, one couldn’t get over them. Well, it has been a long time, but hangovers have always been unpleasant experiences, so good or bad, I’m sharing books that gave me all those feels.
10. Book in which (the plot circumstances) made me sick…Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.
9. Book I completely regret…Wanderers by Chuck Wendig, all 800 pages of it.
8. Book that left me scratching my head, pondering what happened…The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey.
7. Book that makes me want to do it all over again, despite the pain when it’s over…The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
6. Book whose main character wrecked me, in a good way…The Last Child by John Hart
5. Book that made me pound my fists at the outcome and resolve it should never happen again…The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore.
4. Book that felt like a fever dream… Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders.
3. Book which made me dizzy…Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. All those infinite spiraling thoughts.
2. Book that gave me a pounding headache…Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
1. Book that left me bereft and questioning my inadequate life choices…The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay.
Now then, what books made you feel any kinda bookish hangover way?