Pop quiz, hotshot: How well do you know your favourite Band of Bloggerette? Sure, we’re all reasonably up to date on each other’s interests, hobbies and the pretty, glittery things that make our hearts go pitter pat, but when it comes to the vitally important markers of a person’s character – favourite band, desert island scent, fight stance in the zombie apocalypse – how well do we truly know our virtual neighbours? 🙂 Let’s delve into 10 deeply random questions and find out, shall we? *Excellent timing, I finally updated my Bio page to reflect a little bit more what I’m about*
1. No really, zombie apocalypse survival strategy: Fight or flight? So happy this question made the cut. In the event of the zombie apocalypse, a rallying point has already been established–Walmart. Think about it, any supply item one could need is available (even wax) and the best part is: many customers already act so much like zombies, that actual zombies would be confused! Cramming up the aisles, ambling in corpse-like fashion with disregard to surroundings, parking a bulky scooter ‘just so’ to block anyone attempting to grab a frozen pizza. To outlast the initial zombie fallout for any length of time, all you’d have to do is adopt the zombiesque nature of typical Walmart shoppers and you’re golden. There you have it, essentially, my survival tactic is to blend in. (If that doesn’t work, there’s always the Winchester Pub.)
2. You’ve been a bad, bad kitty and you have just one final meal coming your way. What’s on your plate? I defer to the Elaine Benes (from Seinfeld) answer to this question: “So you would choose your last meal based on the method of execution?”
Elaine: “Right, right. I mean, if I was getting the chair, I’d go for
something hot and spicy. You know, Thai, maybe Mexican. Lethal injection,
feels like pasta. You know, painless, don’t want anything too heavy.”- excerpt from episode 170 “The Strongbox” I’d finish it off with a massive hot fudge sundae piled with all the toppings, overindulging to the point of such fullness that the end might bring relief.
3. Aside from wax (or nail polish, or crafting supplies, or beauty products) what item do you have major multiples of? Luckily (and lazily) for me, I recently posted on this very topic. Anyone curious about my non-wax collections, check here. Aside from books, bookish items and globes, I pick up a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars sneaks often enough to have a mini-show of multiples.My love for the iconic skate shoe that anyone can wear emerged back in high school with my first pair of Chucks, the classic parchment color low-tops. Unsure why I identify strongly with this footwear; I’ve never been a skater and the canvas really doesn’t keep one’s feet warm, but they are familiar, casual and will always be a classic.
4. You’ve just won the lottery. Before best friends you didn’t even know you had begin to show up on your doorstep, what’s the first thing you buy without even thinking twice? Ugh, I never not think twice. A vacation home large enough for the whole family??
5. Biggest celebrity crush? This can be anybody – an actress, a musician, a fictional character from a favourite movie, book or television show, or maybe even an historical figure. Julie may be the only one who knows that my current celebrity crush is the Freeman, Martin Freeman. Boyish charm, comic nature, wit, thoughtfulness, and those playful facial expressions get all my 100s and heart eyes. Do I even need to mention he was the original Tim, aka Jim from the U.K. Office, Bilbo Baggins and the best Dr. John Watson in Sherlock?
This question is what I’m most looking forward to seeing answers to, I have a couple of theories…
6. Flats or heels? Or are you running barefoot through life like some sort of hippie? I’m the queen of flats. My tailbone troubles mean heels are killer for me. Also, this recovering germophobe despises going barefoot.
7. Whether it was created through a customs order or simple pick-and-mix blending at home, what’s the greatest scent blend you’ve ever stumbled upon? I’ve been quite the mix master lately, gleefully experimenting within my stash and creating custom wax. Of the vendor blends, my mix of Briarcliff and Rosemary’s Baby both by Super Tarts got rave reviews. My favorite unintentional blend has to be L3 Waxy Wonders’ Deep Throat (1000 Kisses, shave cream) melted alongside Bath and Body Works’ Black Tea Rose 3-wick. The deep resins and delicate florals mingled harmoniously with the cedar wood creating an undiluted perfect pairing.
8. It’s snack time! Are you reaching for the sweet or the salty? Bring on the bacon, the olives, the guacamole and corn chips, salt + vinegar chips are even better, especially with a craft brew to help wash it down. I have a saline tongue rather than a sweet tooth, though I’ve also never met a cookie I didn’t like. Go figure.
9. What’s a personal style moment you’d never care to re-live? My back-to-school page boy haircut in 8th grade haunts me to this day. Even worse was the poodle-curl perm from 6th? grade, not sure, all photo evidence has been sought out and burned. Man, the 80s were hideous for hair.
10. You are going to live in a biodome beneath the sea for the next three years and have been allotted space for just ONE book (tiny dome!) What cherished book will keep you entertained for the next 1095 days? Would a Chrome Book be cheating? Probably isn’t the spirit of the question. Okay, there are 171,476 words in the extended Oxford English Dictionary, which means I could read 150+ words a day to finish in 1095 days, and emerge from the dome with a stunning vocabulary. Learning word origins and alternate definitions is already entertaining to me as it is, I only lack the study time. If we’re talking fiction novels, I’d bring The Princess Bride.
If you’d like to play along at home, please feel free to answer these questions in the comment section below, and we hope you’ll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!
Amanda at Thrifty Polished
Deb at It’s Always Something
Jaybird at The Candle Enthusiast
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Julie at The Redolent Mermaid
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.